Estate Planning is an essential service required by both private and business clients to pass assets in a structured, cost effective and tax efficient manner from one generation to the next.
We spend time listening to our clients aspirations and intentions, consider the advantages of passing the assets either while living or post death and in this regard we work closely with our clients and their tax advisors, considering the implications for business, banking and tax consequences.
We advise on the following:
- Drafting Wills
- Probate and Administration of Estates
- Sale of Property
- Creation of Trusts and Settlements
- Advising Beneficiaries
- Tracing Beneficiaries
- Wardship Applications
- Enduring Power of Attorney
Enduring Powers of Attorney allow a client to appoint an Attorney giving the Attorney power to manage a client’s personal affairs and personal care requirements. The Enduring Power of Attorney only becomes effective if the person creating the Enduring Power of Attorney becomes mentally incapacitated.
The benefits include:
- The ability to choose who you would like to control your affairs in the event of mental incapacity
- Grant full powers or limited powers
- Appoint various Attorneys’ for different purposes.
- Power of Revocation
- Incapacity to be certified by medical practitioners
- Registration of the Enduring Power of Attorney in the High Court